Dyslexia A2Z News
Dyslexia A2Z News
learn more about...
This site is dedicated to raising awareness of specific learning difficulties (SpLD's). It is operated by Maria Chivers who is an international author on Dyslexia and other learning difficulties. We specialise in providing information on:
- Dyslexia - I believe brain training can help dyslexiaI believe brain training can help dyslexia
- Dyslexia - I’m Not Marking This Mess, I can see his face ready to blow (full poem below)
- Dyslexia is Britain's secret weapon in the spy war
- 'Not the same bedtime story again!!' 'Why?'
- England’s young adults trail world in literacy and maths
- Music - Moving to the rhythm 'can help language skills'
- 'Afternoon naps' aid children's learning
- Supporting students with dyslexia: tips, tricks and tech for teachers
- A new 'Typeface' called 'Dyslexie' for dyslexics
- Dyslexia ‘seen in brain scans’ of pre-school children
Conferences & interviews
Business Design Centre, London
The UK’s largest special educational needs show hasinspiration and information for school leaders, teachers, support staff, parents and carers. Registration is for free.
Dyslexia Poem, by Mark, 12 years.
I’m Not Marking This Mess
I can see his face ready to blow
he shouts so the whole class will know
‘Sir, Sir I’m stuck, I need more time.’
‘I told you what to do, don’t step out of line’.
I find it hard and embarrassing with him yelling
about my reading writing and spelling.
‘Hurry up, get on with it, I’m not marking this mess’
I say, ‘I need more time, I’m doing my best’.
He tells me little kids can do better than me
‘I’ve seen better from my daughter, she’s only three
where’s your full stops and capital letters?
now go and sit down until you do better.’
It’s hard to do my work I find
I never rest, it’s always on my mind
then I get frustrated, rude and angry
because he doesn’t understand me.
By Mark (12),
Can ideas from complementary and alternative medicine help those struggling with dyslexia? Maria Chivers investigates.
Alternative approaches to Dyslexia, Special Educational Needs (SEN) Magazine
Listen to Maria Chivers talking about Dyslexia on the BBC:
BBC Radio Part 1 - 30th October to 6th November 2011.
BBC Radio Part 2 - 30th October to 6th November 2011.